Monday, January 3, 2011

Wedding Cake

I love baking. It's literally my most favorite thing to do. I love to make a cake and decorate it. And more than anything, a beautiful cake makes me happy. So, I read about cakes, randomly do google searches on cakes, and generally just enjoy the happiness a truly beautiful cake brings me. And, I keep a folder of cakes that have really made me happy on my desktop. So, when I want to see something, I can just open that folder. And, sadly, I have been so busy, I haven't even looked at the folder for months (although I have added to it). So, today, I was just glancing through that folder and I found this:


This, is the inspiration cake for my wedding cake. I saved it to the "cakes" folder on my desktop on November 14, 2009. Oh, how I surprise myself. You see, I didn't look at this folder (and therefore, did not see this picture) for over a year. And today, when I saw the picture for the first time since I saved it, I was surprised. You see, I saved this picture one year to the day before our wedding. And forgot about it. And then, fell in love with it all over again and used it as inspiration for the cake that became mine. What are the odds that you fall in love with the same anything twice, much less the same wedding cake?

Let me tell you, it boils down to God is awesome. I love beautiful cakes. (I know you're thinking, Betty, you've said that already. And I have, but I want us to be clear. I love beautiful cakes. They make me happy.) And, the fact of the matter is, this is one place Mr. B and I choose to splurge and spend the money to have something nice. And we chose to do that because of my love for cakes. And, to know that I loved the same cake twice really shows how much I like the cake the inspired mine. And let me tell you, I loved my cake!

So, here are a couple of pictures of my cake. I love it, it makes me happy. Oh, and it was delicious!

Our Cake! We chose not to have the beautiful sugar flowers
on the cake because they are so expensive.
Instead, we chose to have icing roses.
This kept the simplicity I loved, and my budget in line!

A close-up of the detail on our cake. If you look closely,
the inspiration cake has dots on the side.
We chose to use tiny fleur de lis instead
in honor of the city we live in - New Orleans.

I just love this picture of the cake.
In the background you can see the champagne glasses
my sister got us as a gift. Aren't they fabulous!!
Our cake was beautiful and delicious and so very worth the money we spent on it! I ate 3 pieces of it at the wedding!! It was standard wedding cake, with buttercream icing and lemon or pineapple filling. Mmm. I want another piece just thinking about it!!!


<3 Mrs. B

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It was very yummy :) and pretty!

 
site design by designer blogs