Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movie Review: Tangled


Nominations:

Original Song - "I See the Light"

Definition:
According to the Academy: "An Original Song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion pictures. There must be a clearly aduible, intelligible, substantive rendition (not necessarily visually presented) of both lyric and melody, used in the body of the motion picture or as the first music cue in the end credits."

Movie Review:
I REALLY enjoyed this movie. Although it was an animated film and aimed a children, I found it quite entertaining. The story of Rapunzel was told in a humorous, light hearted way. Both the characters of Rapunzel and Flynn were a pleasure to watch, but the horse, Maximus, and the chameleon, Pascal, really stole the show. I am AMAZED that this movie was not nominated for Best Animated Feature Film. It stole my heart away!!! I would have sorely missed out if this movie had not received a nomination and I would have not seen it! If you have kids, get them to it! If you don't, find a kid to take or just let the kid inside you free for an hour and forty minutes, I promise, you won't regret it!!! (Oh, and I give it an A+, like I said, GREAT MOVIE!)

Original Song Review - "I See the Light"
I can tell you, this song is AMAZING. It captures so much emotion of the characters at the point in the movie it occurs. So far I have seen 2 of the songs (and relistened to them since I got home to make sure I was thinking about the right songs for the purposes of these posts) and this FAR outshines "Coming Home" in Country Strong. This song made the movie better for me, and I love it! This song, gets an A+.

So, those are all of the movies we've seen to date for the Oscars, but there will be more to come. Maybe tomorrow I'll give everyone a not movie related post...we'll see!!

<3 Mrs. B

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs