Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Favorites - 2 of the 100 Greatest (English Language) Films of All Time

Mr. B and I both love movies tremendously. (As should be gathered from our willingness to watch 41 movies in 32 days.) And when you watch as many movies as we have, you quickly come to find that you have many favorites. Today, for Friday Favorites, we're going to look at my 2 favorite movies from AMC's list of the 100 Greatest (English-Language) Films. There are several different lists, this is just the one I chose to use. (I didn't check, but I'm sure my 2 favorites will be included on any list!)

Friday Favorite #1:
Gone with the Wind




I have loved this movie since high school. My mom had it on VHS, and I watched it. And then, I fell in love. I fell  in love with the movie. I fell in love, and still found a way to loathe, Scarlett. And when I saw Rhett Butler at the bottom of the stairs at Twelve Oaks, I knew I was in love with Clark Gable, Rhett Butler, and the story of the south that Margret Mitchell so eloquently put first into words. The movie instantly was my favorite.

And if you say you don't like it, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." (And no, there was no fine for this line as we are led to believe!)





Friday Favorite #2:
Casablanca



This is another movie I watched pretty much because it was on the shelf and why not? And I love it. It's another classic, and it's great. You have Humphrey Bogart playing the suave Rick. And who doesn't love Humphrey Bogart. And Sam. And Ilsa. And Victor. What can I say. Here's to lookin' at you, kid. And sure, let's play it again, Sam. (Even though that is NEVER said in the movie!)


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs