Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our First "Real" Dinner at Home

The first couple of days of marriage were quite surreal. We were staying in a nice hotel, eating breakfast from room service (if you can ever justify the expense, do. It is WONDERFUL!) and hadn't really been home to eat there. This week has been very exciting. Mr. B and I have been adjusting to living with each other and figuring out what our routine will be as a married couple.

We have so far found that Mr. B is more of a morning person than I am. (Really that is no surprise. I have to fight the tendency to stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep through the day.) So, Mr. B is the official coffee maker of our new duo. He also tends to make breakfast. I, on the other hand like to cook to relax and tend to make dinner after work. The exception is pizza. He is, by far, better at making pizza.

So, although our first meal at the house was nothing extraordinary, it was still our first, so I set up the entire place settings and took a picture of our meal. It was just a Stouffers Lasagna and garlic bread but, it was still our first meal as husband and wife in OUR apartment.

Our china pattern is the Noritake Java Graphite. And, my kitchen as you will see in a post to come is accented in red! I love it! Since I was teenager I always imagined a red kitchen. I'm not sure why, but I did. So, it's strange to see after all of these years, that's what I have.

So, first, enjoy a picture of what room service brought us:
Egg Sandwiches with bacon.
Coffee, tea, and orange juice.











And next up is our first dinner at home:
Lasagna and Garlic Bread


















And finally, Mr. B bringing me breakfast in bed this morning! (Almost as good as room service!)


















And what he brought:
(This is a standard breakfast for us, coffee and Owens breakfast burritos! - And a Nutrigrain bar for Mr. B)


















Well, there you go. There's all of the good food we've enjoyed so far!

2 comments:

texlilo said...

I love it Mare! I look forward to reading more.

Keep It Classy, Jen said...

Awwww how sweet!!!

 
site design by designer blogs